DIGIMED17 – Transforming Healthcare Through Evidence-Driven Digital Medicine
October 5 – October 6, 2017 | La Jolla, California
A thoughtful exploration of the clinical evidence necessary to drive the widespread uptake of digital health solutions will be the focus of Scripps Translational Science Institute’s 2017 Digital Medicine conference. Currently, there is a shortage of clinical trial data investigating the role of digital medicine, although this evidence is critically necessary if it is to achieve its potential to transform care. There is a clear need for a forum to present, discuss and debate existing evidence and how to best obtain it in order to accelerate change. This one-of-its-kind, interactive conference will be led by a faculty composed of leaders in this burgeoning field, with a mix of developers, investigators and providers. The principal goal of the conference is to jumpstart efforts to drive the widespread incorporation of evidence-based digital medicine solutions for more-personalized, individual-centric care to improve outcomes, advance satisfaction and decrease costs.
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Assess the quality of clinical trials of digital medicine in terms of providing the evidence necessary to support implementation;
- Discuss the implementation of digital medicine technologies into clinical practice based on clinical trial evidence;
- Identify innovative trial methodologies for use in digital medicine;
- Identify pathways toward partnership between entrepreneurial technology developers and innovative healthcare systems or alternative providers to drive healthcare transformation; and
- Identify global needs for mobile health and potential technologies to address those needs.
NOTE – CME/CEU credits are not offered.
- Clinician researchers
- Practicing physicians – across many clinical specialties
- Health care system leaders
- Mobile health developers
- Pharmaceutical researchers
- Military medical leadership
- Telecom industry leaders
- Health care insurers and other payers
- Health care professionals of all disciplines interested in the current and future benefits of mobile health technology
Presented in partnership with
Corrine M. Yarbrough
DIGIMED organizers welcome and encourage student participation in the conference. A limited number of free spots are awarded to students through an application process.APPLY